Student & Graduate Placements
28 January or 4 February 2019
8 or 9 weeks initially
Bright Green Business offers a unique range of services to help improve sustainable practices in businesses across Scotland. We meet client needs by offering a highly practical tailored package from our portfolio of services.
Our objective is to unlock potential in business, education, and the environment. Helping businesses to streamline operations, increase efficiency, boost their competitiveness and encourage positive environmental behaviour and management.
We pride ourselves on offering a professional, approachable and cost effective solution.
Bright Green Business's four key services include:
· Environmental services including EMS support and consultancy
· The Bright Green Business Network
· Student and graduate internships through our Environmental Placement Programme
· Educational services
Our Scotland wide network is committed to improving and demonstrating green credentials, whilst working together towards a low-carbon economy.
The Bright Green Business Network (BGBN) links businesses, academics and graduates with other like-minded organisations through events, networking opportunities and member-to-member benefit offers. We also offer environmental support to our members and provide legal updates to keep business in the know.
Bright Green Business is currently looking for an Intern to work with us on our Bright Green Business Network (BGBN) to drive forward our membership, membership services and promotion.
Specifically, the successful student or recent graduate will be focussing on the following areas of work:
1. Developing membership of BGBN now and projected for the coming year
2. Marketing activity for the BGBN, in particular via social media
3. Developing networking events for BGBN members for the year ahead
4. Preparation of articles of interest for BGBN Newsletter for the coming 6 months (3 newsletters)
Ideally applicants should be a recent graduate (within the last 3 years) and have a keen understanding of Environmental issues. Although a degree in an environmentally related subject would be helpful, this is not a necessity as we really need an intern that is enthusiastic and demonstrably pro-active with a strong understanding of marketing and networking and be comfortable when talking to businesses.
Within the role the successful intern will deal with environmental articles for the BGBN Newsletter, updating members on environmental legislation and key themes, communicate with and follow-up business leads and contacts, develop membership and also ensure that membership payments are up to date.
Networking is an important part of the work and will require the successful applicant to attend BGB and other networking events to establish potential BGBN members and discussing the benefits of membership.
For event work you would be expected to plan a clear environmentally related events calendar for members for the coming year, listing these in a logical fashion, establishing outcomes, possible costs and identify speaker suggestions, securing their agreed participation.
Marketing and promotion is a key part of this role and will require sound writing skills for the BGBN Newsletter, but particularly for our Social Media communication, developing content, working to our Social Media strategy and scheduling various communications throughout the coming year.
Skills and attributes required:
- Be a highly communicative individual with great networking skills
- Promotion and marketing skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Very proactive, can-do approach to leads that create new membership opportunities
- Good time management skills
- Negotiation skills for venues and costs
- Good administration skill and confident with Microsoft WORD, EXCEL and PowerPoint
- Excellent Social Media skills for scheduling and marketing the Network and its events
- Event planning and delivery
- Methodical and well organised
- Financial/budgeting skills for invoicing for membership of BGBN
This placement is intended to be FULL TIME for 8 or 9 weeks starting 28 January or 4 February 2019. There is a possibility that this placement may be extended further.
Full time – 35 hours per week
Rate of pay: £9.00/hour Allowance during EPP internship
Intended Interview dates: 23/24 January
Start date: Either 28th January or 4th February