Full STEAM Ahead
Full STEAM Ahead
Our STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths) vocational programme aims to target young people (S4-S6) interested in pursuing a career linked to STEAM industries and who would benefit from a greater insight into the skills and attributes needed within these industries today.
Full STEAM Ahead is a 10 week programme which aims to introduce senior pupils to STEAM industries linked to engineering and the renewables sector culminating in an industry led competition. We will use industry experts to demonstrate how they are applying various STEAM techniques within their industry to reduce costs and also their impact on climate change. There is also opportunity for site visits to local employers
The course will suit all abilities, industry experts will talk about the entry level jobs and skills attributed to their business as well as the high level career paths. Any practical activities will be suitable for all.
The objective of the programme is to spark their initial interest in some of the STEAM industries and guide and support the pupil into a broader understanding of the skills required for those industries. At each session we will focus in on key employability skills.
The vocational programme offers parity of esteem to academic qualifications
Links to wider Achievement:
- SQCF Level 3 and 4 Employability Awards
- SQCF level 2-6 Personal Development Award
- SQCF Level 2-4 Personal Achievement Award
Full STEAM Ahead offers many benefits to pupils, through:
- Greater uptake or retention of key subjects linked to STEAM sectors
- Understanding of route ways into key sectors
- Greater linkage of curriculum work and how it applies to STEAM industries..
- Business contacts made for both pupil and schools
- Development of skills for life, learning and work
- Understanding of key employability skills,
- Successful attendance and completion of the programme
- Plan in place for next steps to Career Success